Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sheltie Social Hour

...or at least that what it seemed like last night. I ended up tagging along with mum to agility class because people were excited to meet the new addition. Lilly got to wander around off leash in the agility yard and when Jen got there it was a herd of shelties with some border collies thrown in for flavor. Lilly must be farther in season than I initially thought because both Clue ((like we need a litter of Border Shelties! lol!)) and Remy thought she smelled yummy-scrumptious and were being pretty flirty. So back on with the britches and everyone went back into their expens during class anyways. But afterwards everyone was back out and Lilly was ready to wander and play and it was so cute to watch her playing with the other dogs. Looking at her on her own I keep thinking "Well she's not THAT small" ... until we put her shoulder to shoulder with Monet and they're the same height! Ok... maybe Lilly is pretty small. But I love it all the same.

Lilly in the expen with Clue and Ice


All in all, last night was excellent and when bedtime rolled around, a certain little black sheltie was told she was always welcome on the bed... and was still there when I woke up this morning!

Today feels like the time is right. Little Lilly looks to me frequently and I'm doing all I can to bond with her. Throughout the day I'm working on charging the clicker since that is going to be so key to our training. She's smart, there's no doubt about it. She already hears the click and I can see the spark of recognition. This one's gonna be great one day, I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment