Friday, July 22, 2011

Bounce, bounce, bounce

Lilly and I had a blast this past Wednesday at agility class. Lilly still isn't taking part in the class, but hopefully when I get back from Flowood she will be ready. This week I discovered that Lilly goes absolutely gaga over balogna of all things. I personally hate balogna and have only managed to eat it without gagging while I was pregnant, however little miss Lilly things it's the best thing ever. This works in my favor because regardless of my personal tastes, I now have a power treat or super treat that trumps everything else. So, armed with several slices of balogna, Lilly and I trooped out to Pets Behave for agility class. I sat off to the side and worked on her sits and she's really making progress! It's so funny to be back at ground zero with a dog after I've been working with well-trained dogs like Clue and Ice.

Lilly thinks class is great!

Not only was she sitting on command, but she was so worked up and excited that I had her on leash and was able to jog through the agility field with her running beside me! This is a big thing for her because up until this point if I moved any faster than a casual walk she would just freeze or try to run the other way. But balogna got her worked into such a tizzy that she was running and bouncing with me. I am so proud of my little black sheltie! I'm really sad that I'm leaving for two weeks on Sunday. I'm gonna miss her, but Lilly will be in excellent hands. She is staying with my good friend Jen and her herd of shelties and border collies Clue and Mindy. Since he now lives with Jen, Clue is thoroughly convinced he is also a sheltie and has picked up their habits, too. I know it will be good for Lilly to be with the other dogs while I'm gone and am not worried about her at all. Plus she will get to see her little boyfriend Remington! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment